Scolari Scathing At Slack Stars

Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has blasted his players after an error-riddled training session, insisting they must improve greatly ahead of Sunday's showdown with Manchester United...

Chelsea sit top of the Premier League table and come into the United clash on the back of a 4-0 thumping of Bordeaux during the week.

But, ever the perfectionist, Scolari is unhappy with his squad and has called on his stars to lift their game as they prepare to host the Red Devils.

He said in The Sun: “When I trained with the players, I said to them ‘What were our mistakes against Bordeaux?’ Then in training, we made the same mistake after 10 minutes, so I stopped training and told them ‘I want this, this and this.’

“Against United, why is 10-0 better than winning 1-0? We need to keep the ball and stay in position.”

The Blues were largely untroubled by Bordeaux on Tuesday night and could have put more than four goals past Laurent Blanc's men had Nicolas Anelka brought his shooting boots.

But even if the result was excellent, Scolari was not wholly satisfied with the performance and wants his players to focus more on keeping possession and controlling the tempo.

“What can we do better? More control of the ball. More touches on the ball. More time with the ball,” the Brazilian continued.

“I’ve seen the analysis of the Bordeaux game from my staff and what I said afterwards was a reality. After I put Belletti on, we controlled the game better.

“I want more possession of the ball, more control of the ball, more tranquility.”
Item Reviewed: Scolari Scathing At Slack Stars Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment