Recoba Spreading The Love

Patience

The former Inter Milan man has missed all five of Panionios’ league encounters so far this season, working his way back to match readiness instead.

Speaking at a press conference on Wednesday, the 32 year-old was quoted by Panionios’ official website as having expressed his desire to repay the faith shown in him by his new club.

“I want to thank the team for everything that has happened so far.” Recoba said.

“They have given me the necessary time to prepare, without pressuring me.

“All that remains from this moment on is for me to reciprocate the love and trust that everyone has shown me.”

No Rush

Recoba also confirmed that he would take part in Panionios’ friendly match with Cypriot club AC Omonia on Sunday, after having decided against rushing into his competitive debut.

“I could have played [against Panthrakikos] but I wouldn’t have been at the stage I wanted.”

Instead, the attacker said he would be ready for his side’s next league encounter, at home against Aris on October 18.

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

When pressed about the club’s objectives this season, the Uruguayan was slightly philosophical in his response.

“I can’t answer that - we’ll see when the league finishes.

“I don’t want to say anything: we need to show what we are capable of on the pitch.”
Item Reviewed: Recoba Spreading The Love Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment