Rossi wants no more mistakes in Germany

Fiat Yamaha´s Valentino Rossi conceded his lead in the MotoGP World Championship with a crash in Assen, coincidentally when trying to pass Randy de Puniet -the same rider whom he attempted a pass before crashing out of the 2007 Sachsenring showdown. The circumstances are not lost on the Italian in the run-up to the Alice Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland, and Rossi is hopeful of having used up his yearly crash quota.

`Last year in Sachsenring I made a mistake and crashed, and at the last race in Assen I also made a mistake, so I hope that I´ve now had my bad moment for this year!´ joked the five-time MotoGP World Champion, a frequent victor in Germany.

`Sachsenring has been a great track for me in the past and it´s a great place to race at; it´s very tight and twisty but it generally suits the Yamaha very well and in 2006 I had a fantastic race there, winning from 11th. We are going there having lost our championship lead but we're only four points behind so the situation is certainly much better than it was at this point last season.

Just four points separate Rossi from series leader Dani Pedrosa in the classification, and the Fiat Yamaha rider is aiming to fight back immediately this Sunday and reclaim the top spot.

`I was disappointed with myself in Assen because I missed a great chance but I have put that behind me and I am completely focused on the next race now. We need to be at 100% from the first practice and hopefully we can have a good weekend with no more mistakes,´ concluded the Rossi, who has been enjoying some relaxing downtime in his native Italy since the Dutch round.

Item Reviewed: Rossi wants no more mistakes in Germany Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment