LORENZO ADMITS HE LACKS THE EXPERIENCE TO FIGHT FOR TITLE

Fiat Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo has admitted he does not expect to fight for the 2009 MotoGP world title because he doesn't have enough experience scrapping it out at the top.

The 2008 MotoGP Rookie of the Year expects team-mate Valentino Rossi and Marlboro Ducati's Casey Stoner to be the main protaganists with Dani Pedrosa also in the mix.

"It is very difficult, firstly because I don’t have the experience to fight for the title. I think that right now there are riders with more experience," said the Spaniard.

"Above all there is a great champion in the shape of Valentino Rossi, who I have in the box next to me, and in theory he is the favourite. Not only that, I have three riders who in principal are more of a favourite than I am so the most important thing is that we get closer to our objective every season, become faster and learn more. But I don’t think I am the favourite for the title.

I think that people have higher expectations for the results of Pedrosa, Stoner and Valentino. Yes, it is true that I started the year really well, with a victory in the third race of my first season.

"I started very strongly but that doesn’t mean to say that the same will happen every time and that every season is going to start out the same for me. Things change and every year is different.

For example this year we have new rules and things could be different. I am currently working very hard so that one day I can become World Champion, which is my objective. I don’t know if I will achieve it next year, within two years or within five but that is the objective."
Item Reviewed: LORENZO ADMITS HE LACKS THE EXPERIENCE TO FIGHT FOR TITLE Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment