Yamaha backs Rossi's Superbike plan

RossiYamaha team boss Davide Brivio says the manufacturer is doing all it can to grant Valentino Rossi his wish to compete against Troy Bayliss in a World Superbike round this year.
Rossi is keen to enter a Superbike round and wants legendary rider Bayliss to come out of retirement for a single event to race against him.

"It's not easy, but the racing department is doing everything possible to sort out two R1 bikes for Rossi," Brivio told Tuttosport.
"The problem is that the bike is a new project, so everything is a lot more difficult. We'll see whether it's possible in the end to allow Valentino to get his wish."
Bayliss retired from racing at the end of last season and says it would take a large financial offer for him to agree to the race.
"I spoke with Valentino and he told me that he wants to race me really badly," Bayliss told motorcyclenews.com. "It wouldn't be so hard for him to be competitive on a Superbike. Yamaha have got a strong bike, so it would be no problem at all for him to get up to speed - Valentino Rossi is Valentino Rossi.
"For me right now, I've stopped training and I'm happy with my plan to finish. I'm feeling happy that the last time I rode I was world champion, plus I won both races and beat all the other guys out there.
"For me to do it I'd need something like £1 million and that's not going to happen."
Clashes between the calendars of the two championships mean the most likely venue for the event would be the Doha round in March.
Item Reviewed: Yamaha backs Rossi's Superbike plan Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment