Cristiano Ronaldo pledges his future to Manchester United

RonaldoCristiano Ronaldo has started 2009 by attempting to quash one of 2008's most protracted transfer sagas. The winger has been repeatedly linked with a move to Real Madrid, but in an interview on the Manchester United official website he has said his heart remains at Old Trafford.

"What people are saying now [the recent speculation about an agreement with Real Madrid] is not true," he said. "Who says that is a liar because I am happy at the club, I want to stay here [at United]. I feel at home here. I feel very happy here."
Sections of the Old Trafford crowd were unhappy at what they saw as Ronaldo's flirtation with Madrid, but the Portuguese international said he always believed the fans backed him. "When I arrived at the stadium, to play [my first game of this season] against Villarreal, I felt a little bit of pressure," he admitted. "But the fans were very good and this is why I feel the Manchester United supporters are amazing. I love the fans because they have been brilliant with me, not just this season but every season."
Ronaldo added that Sir Alex Ferguson was a crucial figure in his career. "The boss is always important for me, not just last season but every season. I am at this club because of him. He saw me in a few games before I played against Manchester United. People think I came here just because I played [well] against United but it's not true.
"He's always helped me and I said to him, 'I want to be part of this club with you. I want to win trophies with you.' He's very important in my career, Sir Alex Ferguson."
Item Reviewed: Cristiano Ronaldo pledges his future to Manchester United Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment