Rossi wants to stay at Yamaha as long as possible

Italy MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi, who took over the riders championship lead at the weekend, disclosed on Wednesday that he was in talks with Yamaha to extend his contract.

“I want to stay here as long as I feel capable of fighting for the world title,” the five-time champion told French sports daily L'Equipe.

Rossi won the French Grand Prix on Sunday to record his 90th career win.

That success at Le Mans took him to the top of the overall standings from Spain's Jorge Lorenzo and Dani Pedrosa, with defending world champion Australian Casey Stoner trailing in fourth.

The French win was Rossi's second of the month, after he put behind him a series of disappointing races with victory at the China MotoGP in Shanghai.

Rossi, who was last year involved in a tax scandal in his native Italy is looking to put two difficult and barren seasons behind him.

“I have changed my lifestyle. I went back to Italy (from London) and I found a good balance between my private life, training and the concentration required for MotoGP. I feel better,” said a resurgent Rossi.

Meanwhile, Rossi said that one day he might quit the sport to take up rallying.

“I don't have any intention to change bike at the end of the season. If I absolutely have to, I'll change sport,” Rossi told Italian monthly Panorama First in quotes given to the Italian media on Wednesday ahead of publication on Friday.

“I hope to have a few more years in MotoGP and then I'd like to devote myself to another passion of mine, cars. Maybe in rallying, maybe in something else. I'm not yet ready to stop racing.”

Rossi is back at the top of the championship after his run of five straight premier class world titles was halted in 2006 and last year.
Item Reviewed: Rossi wants to stay at Yamaha as long as possible Description: Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Sakura District, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment